Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jose's Scribepost for October 6 2009 BoB

WHAT I KNOW ABOUT GRAPHING :


1: There are many kinds of different graphs such as the following ;

-Bar Graphs (Most commonly used graph for comparing data)
-Double Bar Graphs (Known for comparing 2 diffrent things)
-Line Graphs (Good for showing changes over time)
-Double Line graphs (Best for comparing 2 sets of data that changes over time)
-Circle Graph (Good for keeping data with percents)
-Pictograph ( Used for comparing data by using pictures/symbols)


2: Messing with the Graph ;
There are many ways you can misrepresent the graph such as ;

-Using a broken axis so makes the information look different.
-Making one bar really thick, and the rest the same bar width.
(By doing this it will grab the readers attension)
-Changing the colour of the bars. This helps because the reader
will focus on the odd colour.

3. ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING THAT I KNOW ABOUT GRAPHING IS THAT....

G R A P H I N G I S F U N T O D O ! ! ! ! ! ! !




How i could of improved my test mark :

I could of improved my test mark if i added a prediction to my "how i misrepresented the data." I also should of had done a table instead of just organizing my data by ascending order. I think i could of also made my conclusion a bit better.




-jOsH




4 comments:

michelle905 said...

WOW JOSH, uhm that was very colorful . and uh -Using a broken axis so ( it ) makes the information look different.
-Making one bar really thick, and the rest the same bar width. ( and the rest of the bars, the same width )
you should fix those, and uh some of your " i " are not caps so yeah. but good job (:

elijahl905 said...

Like what Michelle said, VERY VERY COLOURFUL !

Uhm for the
-Using a broken axis so makes the information look different.

You shouls have said
- Using a broken "y- axis" so it makes the information look different.

^ so people wont think it is a broken "x- axis.

For your number 3 on the what i know about graphing. You should've put like, wat the intervals and trends mean, because we've learned about that, for this unit.

josh905 said...

oHH sorry for all my mistakes!Thanks for commenting ladies ^.^

-Josh

Mr Montgomery said...

Hi

Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

They are a great model for my year 8s

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP