Tuesday, October 6, 2009

BOB, Jeric 8-41, October 6, 2009

Hi guys, we all know that we had to do this assessment in class and this post is for extra marks so yeah .

3 Things i know about graphing

Use of the Graphs:
Line graphs : best for showing changes over time in a data.
Circle graphs: best for comparing categories using percents.
Bar graphs: compares the categories data's.
Pictographs: best for comparing data that you can easily count and represented using symbols

Misrepresenting the data:- Distorting the scale can mess with your visuals, because certain bar can be really wide and another can be really skinny so you can catch the readers attention and focus
- Using breaks on the y-axis can shorten the y-axis's appearance.
- Colouring and making the bars bigger can get the people's focus on that one piece of the graph.

Disadvantages :
- Line graph: it's better to use when the data changes over time. It is not very good when it comes to percentages
-Circle graph: You have to do extra work to find out the data. ex. measuring, if its fraction having to find its percentage then using a compass so and so.
-Bar graph: If the interval goes up by high numbers you don't exactly know what the amount is. It is also easy to distort
-Pictograph: very difficult when a question has something to do with with fractions like 1 / 10th

Things about graphing you need to know.

When graphing you need to remember that you have all your facts / data correct so when you graph it it is correct. You also need to be able to explain all the information you give correctly so readers can read it. Also make sure your intervals are all the same and equal so the readers don't mistake it for a distorted graph or a misrepresented graph.

What I know now that can improve my test.

I think that on my graph that I should of made my graph a bit more spread out because it was all squished and also on my distorted graph I should of coloured my distorted bar a different colour so it would stand out more. I also know that I should put a prediction in my conclusion and also organize my sums better but using a table of some sort.


1 comment:

Mr Montgomery said...

Hi

Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

They are a great model for my year 8s

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP