Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Carla's BOB post, October 6, 2009

3 Things I know about graphing.

1) Different kinds of graphs:

- Bar Graph
- Circle Graph
- Line Graph
- Pictograph

2) Advantages and Disadvantages
Bar Graph: They're good for comparing data into categories. But you don't exactly know how much there is.











Circle Graph: This graph show the percent of each category, But It doesn't tell the exact number and you don't know the total.














Line Graph: Line Graphs are best to show changes that happen over time. It's not really good for organizing data and it looks plain.













Pictograph: It's easy to read, very appealing, and best for showing data that can be counted. It doesn't really tell you the exact amount.











3) Misrepresent Data.
You can misrepresent the data to make it look better. On a bar graph you can color a bar a bright color to make it stand out. You could also make the bar wider and make the others smaller. On a Circle Graph you can make a piece stand out by making it 3-D. You can make images bigger on the pictograph.

What I know now that would improve my test:

For the Organized Data I should make a table and put the sums in ascending order. I should have put the y-axis title as 'The Sums I Rolled' and the x-axis should be 'The Number of Sums I Rolled.' On the first graph I loss marks on the paragraphs I should describe it and predicted. The second graph I should have told why I did it.


* The pictures I used are from
mytextbook.ca


Thanks for reading my post!

2 comments:

althea816 said...

GOOD JOB CARLA! it very detailed. for misrepresenting the graph you know you can also shorten the y-axis..

GREAT JOB:)

Mr Montgomery said...

Hi

Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

They are a great model for my year 8s

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP