I chose this picture,
3 part to part ratios -
Green : Blue
3 : 3
Oranges : Pinks
1 : 2
Purple : Blue
1 : 3
2 part to total ratios -
Purple : Total
1 : 12
Blue : Total
3 : 12
2 three part ratios
Blue : Orange : Pink
3 : 1 : 2
Green : Gold : Silver
3 : 1 : 1
I have to choose a ratio for the next question so I pick Oranges : Pinks (1 : 2). I got the ratio in ratio notation by looking at the picture and counting the colors.
I did this for ...
The next question says to pick another ratio and I choose Blue : Total (3:12)
Here's how I made equivalent fractions...
Now I have to make 3 Questions.
1. What is the ratio for Purple & Yellow to Blue?
2. Create a part to part to part ratio including the total.
3. Make a part to part ratio using the colors that start with "s" and "g".
Please comment and answer the questions to help you study for the test tomorrow!
What were the mistakes you made on your test. Show examples of answers that were wrong. What was your mistake. How will you remember what to do in future tests.
These were my mistakes ...
3. A normal deck of playing cards has 52 cards in four suits ( clubs, diamonds, hearts, and spades) of 13 cards each. Two suits are black and two suits are red. The ratio of red cards to the whole deck is
My Answer - d. 2:4
Right Answer - b. 1:2
( I should have simplified it.)
8. 8. A picture frame has a width to length ratio of 5 : 7. If the width of the photo is 9 cm, the length of the photo is
My Answer - a. 11
Right Answer - b. 12.6
When you figured out how to get to 9, you have to do the same thing with the other number.
Number 15 I didn't simplify the ratio in the lowest terms.
Number 16 I should put the word ratio to get the marks.
Rewrite 2 questions that gave you difficulty with different numbers. Answer the questions correctly in the comments to your blog. Encourage others to participate at your blog by getting them to answer your questions.
Here are the questions!
A normal deck of playing cards have 52 cards and have colors that are half black and half red. If there are 4 suits (clubs, diamonds, hearts, and spades.) What is the ratio of hearts to total?
(sorry if you don't understand it, I made it a little different.)
a) 1:1 b) 1:4 c) 1:5 d) 1:2
9. A picture frame has a width to length ratio of 4:6. If the width of the photo is 8 cm, the length of the photo is what?
Please answer the questions to help you tommorow!