Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alvin's Sctibepost for October 6, 2009



The 3 things i know about graphing :





Here are a couple of different graphs I know :





Bar graphs - Bar graphs are best for comparing data across catergories.


Pictograph - Pictographs are best for comparing data and can easily be counted and represented by symbols.


Line graph - Line graphs are best for showing changes of data over time.


Circle graph - Circle graphs are good for comparing catergories using percents, the percents add up to 100%.


Double bar graph - Double Bar graph are best for comparing 2 sets of data across catergories.





Ways to mess with a graph :





-Make a break in the y-axis and mess with the intervals by going up by higher numbers or lower numbers.


-Make all of the bars skinny and make 1 bar big and fat so it pops out and catches your eye.


-Make all the bars the same size but colour 1 of the bars a different colour from all the other bars, for example all the bars are black and theres 1 bright pink bar.





Disadvantages of the graphs :





Bar graphs - The higher the intervals are the more inaccurate the number is.


Pictograph - You cant show exact numbers like 37 theyre more like showing numbers liek 10, 20, 30.


Line graph - It cant really show data very organized because its really plain and dosen't catch your attention.


Circle graph - You have to do lots of work to find the percent, you do lots of work to find the number if they just give you the percent and it cant show exact amounts.








What I could've done to improve my test :





I could've labeled my y-axis as "number of times rolled" instead of amount, I could've labeled my x-axis I could've put "The sums of the diced rolled". I could've predicted what would happen if I kept rolling for my paragraph in the first graph. I could've not start the bar on the y-axis like I did on my first graph.



I made a video !

2 comments:

A.C. said...

Good post, awesome detail, YOU MADE A VID :D, uhh.. are u only allowed to post to your classroom, or can u post to all the scribe posts lol..?

Mr Montgomery said...

Hi

Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

They are a great model for my year 8s

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP