Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alvin's BOB Ratio for October 20, 2009




_DSC5911-Edit.jpg








My 3 Part to Part Ratios :

1) Blue to Yellow - 3:4


2) Red to Pink - 12:5


3) Green to Orange - 6:3


My 2 Part to Whole Ratios :


1) Blue to total 3:33


2) Pink to total 5:33


My 2 Part to Part to Part Ratios :


1) Pink to Blue to Yellow - 5:3:4



2)Green to Orange to Red - 6:3:12


The Ratio I choose is Blue to Yellow :


Ratio Notation - Blue to Yellow is 3:4



Fraction - 3/4



Decimal - 0.75


Percent - 75%


How to make an equivalent Fraction :



Equivalent fraction is like another word for equal fractions. In my diagram here it shows that the original fraction the numerator is 3 and I multiplyed it by 2 to get 6, so whatever you do to the numerator you HAVE to do the same to the denomenator so I multiplyed the denomenator and I got 8 because the original was 4.




Equivalent fraction is like another word for equal fractions. In my diagram here it shows that the original fraction the numerator is 4 and I divided it by 2 to get 2, so whatever you do to the numerator you HAVE to do the same to the denomenator so I divided by 2 the denomenator and I got 3 because the original was 6.


PROBLEMS !! :
1) What would the decimal, Fraction and percent be for yellow to blue ratio ?
2) What would the Orange to White to Black ratio be ?
3) Write the ratio for Orange to total then write it in lowest terms.
Some mistakes I got wrong on MY test were :
1) I forgot to write the answer in the lowest terms.
2) I didnt show my work.
3) I didnt get the write percentage.
Examples and my mistakes :
1) For question 3 I put D which was 2:4 which was wrong because I didnt do it in lowest terms, the answer was B 1:2.
2) For questions 17 and 18 I just wrote down the answer, I didnt show my work like how I got the answers.
3) For question 14 the way i got the percent was totally wrong the right way was alot more different.
How I can remember in Future Tests :
1) I can remember writing in the lowest terms by reasding the question more carefully.
2) I can remember showing my work by instead of doing my work on a scarp piece of paper I can just do it on my test paper.
3)For getting the percent I would use a ratio table to get the correct percent.
Problems :
1) In a student election Carol gets 40% of the votes. If there were 525 votes cast, how many votes did Carol get ?
2) 5 students were running for student council president. Of 100 students polled, 50 chose mike, 9 chose Patricia, 24 chose Brian, and the rest chose Karen. What is the ratio of votes for boys to girls in the student council election ? Express the raio in lowest terms.
1) 74:26 2) 37:13 3) 75:46 4)6:7












































2 comments:

Alvin905 said...

Answers :
Question 1 - 2:3
Fration- 2/3
Decimal- 0.66 repeating
Percent- 66%

Question 2 - 2:1:1

Question 3 - 2:22
Lowest terms 1:11

Alvin905 said...

Answers :
1) 10% of 525 is equal to 52.5, so to get 40% you have to multiply the 10% by 4. If you change something on one side you have to do the same to the other side so 52.5 x 4 = 210. Carol got 210 votes.
2) The answer would be #2 37:13 because 74:26 would eb the original, but since i said lowest terms i divid both sides by 2 which gets me 37:13 then i cant simpifly no more because of the "13" so 37:13 is my answer

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP