Thursday, October 29, 2009

Vanessa's BOB 2 on ratios


Heeey sorry about my late post for BOB2 on ratios but here it is ....

What were some mistakes you did on your tests ?
A mistake that I did on my tests is that i didn't simplify it ( lowest terms ). Another mistake I did on my tests is not showing enough work, so I got less than what i should have gotten.
What I can do to improve my future tests...
I can study hard and read the questions slowly.

Questions...

1) A picture frame has a width to length ratio of 5:7 . If the width of the photo is 9cm, the length of the photo is ?
a) 11cm b) 12.6cm c) 14cm d) 16cm

The other question is just simplifying the ratio.




http://www.flickr.com/photos/laffy4k/404313786/sizes/o/



PART TO PART RATIO

green to blue
3:3

pink to purple
2:1

gold to silver
1:1

PART TO WHOLE

purple to total
1:12

pink to total
2:12

blue to total
3:12

PART TO PART TO PART

green to purple to pink
3:
1:2

blue
to silver to gold
3:1
:1

purple to blue to green
1:3:3

The ratio I chose was purple to pink

ratio notation
purple:pink
1:2

fraction
purple/pink
1/2 you don't need to simplify

decimal
0.5

percent
50%

MY QUESTIONS...

What is the ratio for purple to green to total?
What can you do to make the fraction larger than it is right now?
What is equal to the fraction 1/2?


That's my BOB 2... again I apologize for this being late. Comment lots and hope you like my post.

1 comment:

vanessa 8-41 said...

What is the ratio for purple to green to total?

answer :: 1:3:12

What can you do to make the fraction larger than it is right now?

answer :: multiple one side by two then do the same to the other side.


What is equal to the fraction 1/2?

answer :: 2/4 is equal to 1/2.

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP