Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baldon on Blogging October 6

Here are 3 things i learnt, and already know about graphing:

1-This year, i learnt that you can distort graphs, so in situations lik e advertising you can make something look better, or worse than it really is by messing around with size, s p a c e, colour, and font.


2-I know that there are many types of different graphs. Examples of some graphs would be bar graphs, line graphs, circle graphs, and pictographs. In some graphs you could also do things to them by changing the shape you put into the graph.


3-I know that many graphs represent the same data, but in different ways. For example, a pictograph shows information with pictures, and each picture represents a number. While circle graphs show the same information, but instead of numbers and pictures, they use percents.






This is a Picture of my regular graph for our self assesment:



My conclusion for this graph was that 6 and 9 were rolled the most times, while 2, 4, and 12 were rolled the least times. I don't really have an exact prediction, because with dice, you never know what you'll get.

And this is a picture of my distorted graph:

How it's Distorted: This graph is distorted, because i made the 6 and 9 bars more bigger and "in your face" by changing it's colour, and making the intervals smaller. It also stands out, because 6 and 9 are more spread out from all the other numbers, and the other numbers are all the same colours, while 6 and 9 are more outstanding colours.
To improve my assesment, I would make all my work more accurate, and make things more organized than they were. I also would have made my answers and paragraphs more clearly by adding more information in the sentences.
-EmAn

2 comments:

elijahl905 said...

G'job Emmanuel, nice pictures ! For the first part, where you were talking about messing with the graphs. You should really , talk about breaks, distorting the bars and etc. because thats what we mostly talked about in unit 1.

Mr Montgomery said...

Hi

Its Mr Montgomery from Australia here.

I am very impressed with the quality of your blog posts.

They are a great model for my year 8s

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP