A (BAR) GRAPH needs to have the following :
- a title
- x and y axis
- scale * intervals must be same amount going up *
- labels for both axis
- colours are optional .
- advantages for different graphs :
Bar Graphs - are best for comparing data.
Circle Graph - are best for comparing categories when using percents.
Pictograph - are best for comparing categories that can easily be counted using symbols.
Line Graph - are best for showing changes of data over time.
Double Bar Graph - are best for comparing two sets of data.
- misrepresenting the data :
- Distorting a bar graph - making other bars looks different form the others makes you focus on that bar .
- Colours - if you change a colour of a bar , it makes the other bars looks like it is not important.
- Breaks - shorten the y-axis' appearance
*sorry if it's very late*