Sunday, October 18, 2009

Carla's Scribepost for Oct. 16, 2009

QUESTION 14

Three eighths of the 96 adults in the
McGregor clan are less than 150 cm tall.

a) Draw a diagram to represent the statement.















b) How many adults in the McGregor clan are less than 150 cm tall? Show your work using equivalent ratios.

I multiplyed 8 and 12 to equal 96 (number of adults) and multiplyed 3 and 12 to get 36.
So it would look like this,












c) How many adults are 150 cm or taller? Explain your thinking.
60 adults are 150 cm or taller. I just did 96 - 36 = 60.

Thanks for reading my scribe! Please comment and tell me If I did anything wrong. :)

3 comments:

Harvey906 said...

I can't really say anything but good job. :)

althea816 said...

o wow!!! good job very WELLLL EXAPLAINED

carla841 said...

thanks guys :)

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP