Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Jeric's Scribepost for November 25




Today in class we were given an assignment to complete the layers of squares ( cake ) thing.
So first we were given 4 perfect squares containing 100 mini cubes or 1.0. What we were supposed to do was continue from the starting point till we ended in class which was 1x1 equals an area of 1 or a perfect square until 1.4 x 1.4 equals 1.96. Today we were supposed to continue on so this is what we did.

We continued on with layering the square using the extra squares. On the first making of the 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25 we used the chart above. ( not the one in red but the one in blue :D sorry the picture thing screwed up. ) Once you have done it all the way up to 1.7 x 1.7 = 2.89 you would have been left with 7 squares I think.

Then Ms. U asked us a question ( or mr. harbeck not really sure ) about if 4 perfect squares can make one big perfect square by the layering we were doing. Emmanuel who was brave enough to answer said yes, that we could make a perfect square with 4 perfect squares. Then Mr. Harbeck was shocked that Eman actually said yes and asked him a question. Mr. Harbeck I think said if something I think about if you could actually make a perfect square with 11 leftovers and then Alvin said the same thing and they both were wrong.

I think I'm forgetting something so please comment and tell me what I missed so I can fix it.
THANK YOU !!!

3 comments:

elijahl905 said...

Hey Jeric,

good job for actually doing the scribe. :D But you know the picture at thevery top, it should be somewhere on the bottom... And, wasnt there homework on that day ? So yea.. you should right down the homework question .

carla841 said...

great job! great explanations, umm thats all i can say. haha well great job.

vanessa 8-41 said...

Good job Jeric ! I do agree with Elijah, you did miss the homework. till is until, sorry don't mean to be a " perfect girl " . (which was 1x1 equals an area of 1 or a perfect square until 1.4 x 1.4 equals 1.96.) that part didn't really make sense so I think you should look over this. Also this ... (Mr. Harbeck I think said if something I think about if you could actually make a perfect square with 11 leftovers and then Alvin said the same thing and they both were wrong. ) To me this doesn't really make sense. I liked your use of colour. Well, I gotta go. Anyways, good job !

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP