Friday, November 13, 2009

How I Saved The World From Aliens


Yesterday about at 9 o'clock pm I was going out for a jog until I saw a flash of light around the trees where it was very bushy and dense. So I went to check it out and I found 3 green and black aliens with 8 legs, 2 arms and very slimy skin. Then they started to talk to me and this is what they said, " Hey you, Earthling ... we will destroy and terminate everybody on the planet unless you make 3 proportion questions to see how smart you earthlings are." So I was like yeah no problemo give me a day and you will see how smart we are !!!


So I went home on my computer and got my first question on page 67.

Question 1:
Delia was paid $35 for 5 hours of babysitting. How much should she receive for 3 hours? Use a unit rate to find the answer?
Answer:
First you would divide $35 by 5 to get $7 and 1
hour. Then you multiply both of the numbers by 3 to get $21 and 3 hours. $21/3 hours

Question 2:
David can saw a log into 3 pieces in 7 minutes. If he can continue sawing at a constant rate, how long will it take him to saw a similar log into six pieces?
Answer:

Well you can multiply both the 3 pieces and the 7 minutes by 2 to get 6 pieces and 14 minutes. 6 pieces / 14mins
Another way you can do this is by dividing both the 3 pieces and the 7 minutes by 3 to get 1 piece and 2.33 and then again multiply both the 1 piece and the 2.33 minutes by 6 to get 6 pieces and 14 minutes.

Question 3:

A small gear turns 18 times in the same that a large gear turns 4 times. How many times will the large gear turn if the small gear turns 54 times?
Answer:
Well first you can divide 18 by 18 to get 1 and to divide 4 by 18 to get 0.222. Then you multiply the 1 or the small gear by 54 to get 54 and then you multiply the 0.22 by 54 to get 12. (because whatever you do to one side you do it to the other side) So the large gear turns 12 times when the small gear turns 12 times.

Then I went back to the alien and showed him the questions. The alien was very surprised because we made very intelligent questions and even the alien couldn't answer the question. The alien got so mad because he couldn't answer the question that he e
xploded at his own anger and frustration of not answer my very intelligent question xD.
















THE END!!!


No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP