Friday, November 13, 2009

How ELIJAH LIPATO and friends stopped an Alien Invasion using Proportion

I was walking to school, and while I was passing my neighbours house. I saw a big green light flashing through the fence. But I didn't hear any loud crash. Curiosity got the best of me, so I climbed the fence without asking my neighbors. Then I saw a little spaceship like thing, with a sign saying, " We will not come in peace (: " I tried to get out of the yard, but I was just too scared to climb or do anything. So I called my four friends Kathleen, Michelle, Sierra and Princess. I told them to meet me in my neighbours back yard. We found a button that said,"IF YOU PRESS THIS BUTTON ALL ALIENS WILL DIE ! (If you answer the following questions.)"

The first Question was.
What is the unit rate for each ?

a) Two pens cost 94 cents


Princess answered, '' One pen costs 47 cents ! "




b) Four blocks stacked one on top of the other are 24 cm high.




Michelle answered, '' One block is six cm ! "


The second Question was.
A breakfast cereal contains corn, wheat, an rice in the ratio of 3 to 4 to 2. If a box of cereal contains 225g of corn, how much rice does it contain ?

Sierra answered, "If there is 2 rice then it will be 150g. "



The third Question was.
Determine the missing value in each equivalent fraction.







Then I answered the question and then the sign said,'' One more question.'' So we all counted on Kathleen to figure out the question.



Even though there was alot of pressure on Kathlee she still answered the question right !



So Kathleen, Sierra, Princess, Michelle and I answered all the questions correctly. And then a big RED LIGHT started flashing, and there was a loud squeeky sound . Then BOOM a loud sound came on then it turned completely quite with a white flash .. We were all blinded by the light, then finally we can see perfectly . We all looked at each other, then we looked back at the spot where the space ship was and it was gone . All that was left was a sign saying,'' We came in peace. ):"

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP