Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shania's Pay it Forward

What is "Pay it Forward"?
Pay it forward means that one person can make a big difference in effecting someone else's life in a good way. Sometimes paying it forward doesn't even have to be something really big like saving a life, it can be something simple like cheering up a friend. You never know, what you might think you did is really simple, small and wont make a difference, but through someone else's eyes you might of left a big impact in their life. When you pay it forward your goal should be to help someone who needs help then you get that person to help someone else and so on. When paying it forward you don't hope for something in return, you hope that the person you had helped is helping someone else who needs it. I think that if everyone really tried paying it forward it would work, so pay it forward !

What was your pay it forward act of kindness?
The act of kindness Princess, Elijah, Kamille and I chose to do was to go to the Childrens hospital and the kids some toys and other things. We chose to do this act of kindness because we know how much kids love toys. We also did it because its a good feeling knowing that you were the one that put a smile on a childs face.


How did your act of kindness go?
I think our act of kindness went better than I thought. It kind of sucked that we didn't get to meet the children who were receiving our gifts but I guess I understand, their only looking out for the kids. It would be really nice if the kids knew who we were so they can remember us forever, because I know I'll never forget this. Before we actually did our act of kindness I knew I was gonna feel good, but when we actually did it, it felt so much better than I thought. It's the best feeling knowing you helped someone in a special way. I'll never forget that feeling and I hope that in the future I can help someone in an even bigger way.

Why is the idea of Pay it Forward important?
Pay it forward is important because its good to learn to be giving to people who need just a bit of a boost. Another reason pay it forward is important is because it works, if everyone actually did a really good deed to someone who needs it the world would be a better place. At the same time, nobody and nothings perfect so you can't expect pay it forward to work, but its possible, anythings possible if everyone put the effort in trying to make the world a better place.

(see video on Princess/Elijah's post)

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP