Thursday, December 3, 2009

Giuseppe's questions

Okay guys. Here's the questions that I picked.


6. A rectangle has an area of 64m squared.


a) Determine the prime factorization of 64.

64

/ \

4 x 16

/ \ / \

2 x 2 x 4 x 4


b) Is 64 a perfect square?

The answer is yes. Since it has two 2s and two 4s, you can go like 2 x 4 x 2 x 2 = and you'll get 64.


c) Draw a square with that area and label its side lengths.


7. Write the prime factorization of each number. Identify the perfect squares.
a) 42
/ \
7 x 6
/ / \
7 x 2 x 3 Not perfect
b) 169
/ \
13 x 13 Perfect
c) 256
/ \
16 x 16
/ \ / \
4 x 4 x 4 x 4 Perfect

6 comments:

giuseppe841 said...

Sorry bout that error near the picture guys. It was fine when I published it but then yeah . I don't know what happened.

Kamille905 said...

Good job giuseppe ! I liked your picture but you weren't suppose to do a scribepost today it was only Riemer John, Alvin and me.

elijahl905 said...

HAHA, kamille, giuseppe was supposed to do the blog .. Well, yea 'nyways, good job Giuseppe ! But for number " seven " you should draw a picture so it looks better and easier to understand.

vanessa841 said...

Good job Giuseppe ! When you did the factor trees, I agree with Elijah, you should at least make it look more presentable. Well you and Kamille I think got it all mixed up but at least someone did it. Overall good job.

sierra841 said...

I also agree with Vanessa & Elijah, maybe you should have made a factor tree on paint? To make it easier to understand. Other then that, I couldn't find any other simple mistakes. BUT, good job!

giuseppe841 said...

oh and I almost forgot. sorry for putting 4 instead of two 2s. because 4 can still be divided in half.

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP