Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Charis's Pay It Forward

Part 1



What does Pay it Forward mean to you ?



For me, paying it forward means helping 3 people and having them help 3 other people. Then it grows into a long chain. Paying it forward means alot to me. It means helping someone without asking for anything in return. If this goes on and on, then everyone in the world will have something to be thankful for and have something to remember. What the movie meant, was that even one person could make a difference.



Part 2


What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?


One act of kindness I did was I volunteered at Victoria Albert School with Vanessa and Ammorn. Another act of kindness I did was Darlene, Ammorn, Vanessa and I handed out candy canes and christmas cards to students, teachers and strangers.


Why did you choose this activity ?


I chose these activities because they put smiles on peoples faces.


Who did you help ?


We helped a teacher and her students. We also helped students and teachers from Sargent Park School, and strangers put smiles on their faces.


What did you do ?


We helped the teacher make flash cards for her students. We made at least 5 sets . By the end of the day my hands were bruised, but it felt good. We also handed out candy canes and christmas cards to people.


When did you do your act of kindness ?


We volunteered at Victoria Albert on November 27 when we had no school and we handed out candy canes and christmas cards on December 7 during lunch.




Part 3


How did your act of kindness go ?


My act of kindness went really well. The teacher thanked us for helping out and some of the students made us cards and brang us out for recess to play with them.


What Happened?


We arrived at Victoria Albert, then the principal asked us why we were there. We then told her about the pay it forward and she allowed us to help around one of the classes. Also, people surrounded us asking for candy canes.


How did you feel ?


I felt very good because I like volunteering at schools or for other things. I also felt kind of shy because I'm not the kind of person who would talk to random people, but if I know them, I'm okay with it.


How did the person or people react?


The teacher reacted by being surprised, then she told her students that we were paying it forward. The people at our school were surprised and happy because we randomly ran up to them and gave them candy canes and christmas cards.

Part 4

I think that the idea of pay it forward is important because its helps people help other people. So then, the tree will grow even bigger and the world will be a very nice place. I think my act of kindness will make a difference because the people we gave stuff to looked at us like they wanted to do something for us.

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP