Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Riemer's Reflection







Please reflect and talk about the changes you made between the first and final cut of your movie. Were the student comments helpful in making your final cut better?

The changes between our first and final cut of our movie are that we added our voices into our final cut. We were going to put the voices in our rough video but then none of us had microphones or didn't have any at all. We also added more things in the video like new pictures and more text. To me, I think that the student comments were good for us to help us improve our video but I also think that it was very annoying. I think this because we knew what we were missing and what we needed, but then everyone kept on repeting the same things over and ever again. One comment said that we needed an interview, but then I really didn't get annoyed because I knew that if we had an interview then we would get higher marks or something along those lines.

How did you find your expert? List 3 important points your expert added to your movie. What did you learn from your expert?

The expert that Fauni found was a guy from Manitoba Hydro. The three things that our expert told us were:we learned how to get rid of the fluorescent light bulbs properly. If we don't get rid of light bulbs properly it can affect our food chain by going into the water. The animals will drink the water, then we eat the animals that contain mercury. How much we could save off our electricity bill if we just changed every bulb in out house into a fluorescent light bulb. 15 incandescent light bulbs count last as long as only 1 fluorescent light bulb.

What was your greatest success in the 2 minutes project. What skills will you take away with you and use in the future?

The greatest success to me in our 2 minutes to make a difference was that we finished our project to the best of our ability and we worked as a team. The skills that I will take with me in my future us that I should always use fluorescent lights in my house, but if there is a better type of light in the future since technology is getting better and better, then I will use that kind of energy.

What frustrated you during the movie making process? What strategies did you use to become successful?

The thing that fustrated me during the movie making process was that I didn't really finish my work. I really didn't seem to do it because I either had extra curricular activities or I didn't do my homework. The strategies that I used was Mr.Harbeck giving us alot of deadlines. HAHAH, thank you Mr.Harbeck. He also gave us alot of time for us to work in it in class. The thing that made me want to keep working and never falling behind was to finish my work when the finished product was finished was so since I was in a group, I knew that we were sharing marks and if I do a bad job on my part, then all of us will have a bad mark. The people in my group are really smart and I didn't want to dissapoint them.

Why is the 2 Minutes project important to Grade 8 Students?

The reason why 2 minutes to make a difference is important to grade 8 students in my opinion are because since we are at a young age, we can start learning about changing lives in the world today.I also think that its important to know what is happening on other places of the world. Like we are very fortunate to have electricty, not like less fortunate people in the third world.

How will you make a difference in the future?

I will make a difference in the future by switching all of my lights to fluorescent. Since I was doing Raising Awareness for Fluorescent Lights for 2 minutes to make a difference, I will stick to fluorescents for my whole life unless there is something else that is more energy efficient.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY REFLECTION !
RIEMER ADORNY

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP