Monday, May 3, 2010

Harvey's 2 Minutes to Make a Difference Reflection

2 Minutes to Make a Difference Presentation

2 Minutes to Make a Difference Movie Version 1

2 Minutes to Make a Difference Movie Final Cut


Please reflect and talk about the changes you made between the first and final cut of your movie. Were the student comments helpful in making your final cut better?

The changes that I've done to make the movie better are changing the music because the first song didn't really fit the other songs, changing the headings because they were kind of blurry and too small. I also added the credit in because in version 1 I didn't have enough time to add them and its important to have proper credits. And lastly I added more information because version 1 was kind of lacking, and without information its hard to convince someone to make a difference. And the student comments didn't really help me much, because I knew most of the problems with the help of self-editing.

If you did not find an expert tell us why you were unsuccessful. Be honest.

We did not find an expert because my group was behind and I wanted them to get caught up first but that took a while and before I knew it, we had to make a movie.

What was your greatest success in the 2 minutes project. What skills will you take away with you and use in the future?


My greatest success and skill that I would like to use in the future would be my graphics and movie making skills. I think my graphic making skills on the computer with the right programs are better than on paper, and the movie wasn't half bad for someone that just used movie maker for the first time.

What frustrated you during the movie making process? What strategies did you use to become successful?


What frustrated me during the process of making the movie would be the movie maker itself. Windows Movie Maker likes to freeze alot and takes up a lot of resources on my computer. But the good thing is that movie maker creates a few "save points" every few minutes and if the program crashes, you can start it backup and load the latest save point created. I tried to work around this problem by using less programs as I possibly can. But crashes still happen.

Why is the 2 Minutes project important to Grade 8 Students?


2 Minutes to Make a Difference is important because most grade 8's don't know what its like outside their, country, city, or even their home. Because out there are people that endure problems, prevent problems and cause problems. And sometimes we don't know that. And I think its great that we get to know about these problems now instead of later because if we reach adulthood without any knowledge of the outside world...I think we would be confused because life wasn't what we know it was anymore.

How will you make a difference in the future?

I will try to help deter problems as long as it doesn't inconvenience me because convenience is very convenient.

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP