Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jeric's 2 Min to make a Difference Reflection

1. Please embed your Google Doc, Version 1 and Final cut of your movie.

Final Version



First Version





2. Please reflect and talk about the changes you made between the first and final cut of your movie. Were the student comments helpful in making your final cut better?
Response: The changes I made between my first and my final cut to my movie were the voices and some editing of pictures and videos. Since all we showed was pictures about our project / topic we had to add some voice to it so people could understand a little bit about what we are talking about. For the editing of the photos, I just pretty much shortened the time on the length and for the videos is the same thing. I even added some slides where it showed an important sentence that the viewer should see and focus on. Yes, the students comments were helpful in making my final cut better because there were some parts in the video where I didn't know what to add so thank you students.

3. How did you find your expert? List 3 important points your expert added to your movie. What did you learn from your expert?
Response: I found my expert by asking my dad if he had a friend of some sort that is an expert on some kind of lighting in his work or just a friend. My dad did have on and it was my uncle who worked at Manitoba Hydro and from there my uncle set my group and I with the expert. 3 important points my expert added to my movie was fluorescents is better than incandescent, fluorescents are the better buy because it saves you more energy, and how to dispose of the lights properly. I learned by using more fluorescent light bulbs we can save money, energy, and the environment a little at a time because by using fluorescents, incandescent wastes will decrease.

6. What was your greatest success in the 2 minutes project. What skills will you take away with you and use in the future?
Response: I believe my greatest succes in the movie was the video. I think its the video because I couldn't believe that i was able to make a schedual with 4 busy people and still get together and make the movie. This took a lot of time and courage because most of us are shy and it was really hard to give some papers to people ... especially if you get rejected. So having that in the video I believe is our greatest success.

7. What frustrated you during the movie making process? What strategies did you use to become successful?
Response: What really frustrated me in the movie making progress was how many edits I had to do and getting the group to get together and cooperate for the speaking and interview. The strategies I used was to get 2 people at a time to do one thing and 2 others to relax and wait. So pretty much it was taking turns doing the movie progress. In the end though I had to edit some slides here and there and it was done.

8. Why is the 2 Minutes project important to Grade 8 Students?
Response: 2 Minutes to make a difference project is important to grade 8 students because grade 8 students is a good age that can understand the meaning of making a difference. I am not saying grade 1's can't its just the level of understanding the progress and why we have to make a difference. This is important to grade 8s because 1, its a big chunk of our grade, and 2 kids at this age should start thinking about how making a difference can be so important and will help you later in life.


9. How will you make a difference in the future?
Response: I will make a difference in the future by becoming a successful doctor and by doing that I will go to countries in aid and i will either teach or treat people in people who really need it. If I were to teach other people they can then help others or teach others about what I taught them. It is like a tree growing into a bigger tree and it all started with 1 person and eventually it will make a difference.

No comments:

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP