Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Riemer's scribepost for February 2, 2010

I am doing the question 5 and 9.

5) Ravi purchased 3 DVDs for $19.99 each. Find the total cost of the DVDs including 5% GST and 6% PST. 

I rounded 19.99 to 20 because its an easier number to work with if you know what im saying ;)

Since Ravi bought 3 DVDs, I multiplied 20 by 3 which is 60 if you dont know how to mutiply.

After that I found 10% by dividing 100 by 
                                                                          10.

I found 1% by dividing 10 by 10.

Then the taxes. 5% GST and 6% PST, I added them together which makes 11%.

After all these caculations, i added them all together.

The cost of the DVDs would be $66.60 :)

9. Arjay was thinking of buying a car worth $ 23 000, but delayed purchasing the car for a year. During the year, the cost of the car increased by 3.2%.

a) What was the price of the car when Arjay purchased it?

I found 10% by dividing by 10.

I found 1% by divding by 10 again.

I divided by 10 one more time to get 0.1% and times by 32 to get 3.2%

The price would be $23,736.00  

b) What was the total cost of the car including 5% GST and 5% PST?

GST and PST = 5% + 5% = 10%
How to get = 10% I divided 100 by 10
The price with all the taxes and the current price would be $26,036.00

2 comments:

carla841 said...

Great job Riemer, I liked how you took pictures of your work. It's easy to understand and you explained everything well. good job!

elijah841 said...

Hey Riemer ,

Good job. Your scribe post was very clear so yea good job.

Statcounter

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP