4.3 Percent of a Number
- You can use mental math strategies such as halving, doubling and dividing by ten to find the percents of some numbers.
- To calculate the percent of a number, write the percent as a decimal and then multiply by the number.
How to FIND :
- 10% - divide by 10.
- 25% - divide by 4.
- 5% - divide by 20.
- 1% - divide by 100.
- 150% - divide by 2 then add the numbers.
- 0.5% - divide by 100 then divide by 2.
1. Explain to a classmate how you could use mental math to find each of the following:
2. Describe two ways to find the 6% of 120.
We have been using Ustream to record our percent work.